This morning I listened in while Anthony watched a video from one of his favourite YouTuber’s Ze Frank.
Click here to check it out for yourself.
It really resonated with me, because sometimes I get so stuck in my head, that I forget to enjoy my life, to just live and be happy.
Ze Frank talks about how happiness is often made up of small gestures, small acts, the simple things in life that we enjoy but take for granted. Happiness is practising these things in a way that is mindful of them and the joy that they bring.
Here is a catalogue of some of the things that made me happy just today:
– sleeping in when I need rest
– getting a hug from my husband
– watching tv (today I watched Castle and The Mentalist)
– drinking coffee
– spending time with friends
– eating apple pie for dinner (not usually recommended, but ok to do every now and then)
– seeing the landlord mow the lawn after months of letting it grow (it was a jungle)
– making my craft-a-day
– writing this blog entry, right now.
Today I sewed a Chick plushy.
Making him (lets call him Gerald) gave me happiness. Not immense happiness in itself, but that’s ok. Maybe all those small acts of happiness from today and the days to come are what’s going to make me happier in general. Maybe I don’t need to keep searching and hoping for some future period of happiness. Because it’s here right now, in the life that I have.
What makes you happy?